While I don't think this necessarily qualifies as a baked good, it certainly performs like one. "Ooohs" and "Ahhs." Big grins. Cavities on the cusp with just a glance.
This weekend I'm headed off to Vashon Island for the Seattle Works Board Retreat. It's our annual meeting of the minds where we talk direction for the organization, tackle big challenges ahead, get all introspective about our mission and, my favorite parts - connect with fellow board members and get re-engaged overall. We spend lots of time brainstorming, mind-mapping, group-thinking - all that retreat-y stuff. Naturally, I figured we'd need some brain food.
This playful and unexpected take on the Rice Krispy Treat is the perfect mix of sweet...and well, sweet. It should certainly provide that sugar rush we'll so desperately need as we're 10 hours in.
Trix Cereal Treats
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 box of Trix (around 12 cups)
- Non-stick cooking spray
2. Add your Trix! Toss. Coat. Turn. Coat. Make sure it's all covered. (I used a little non-stick cooking spray on the spatula to avoid the crazy stickiness.(
3. Spray a 9" x 13" pan (think Pyrex dish) with cooking spray and spread the Trix mixture into the pan. Pack it in and press it down, smoothing over the top with your "non-stick" spatula.
4. Let sit for 15-30 minutes to firm up. Cut into your desired shapes! Store in an airtight container...or (who are we kidding?!) eat right away!